Malwarebytes’ new Trusted Advisor dashboard provides an easy to understand assessment of your security with a single comprehensive protection score, and clear, expert-driven advice.
Computer security can be difficult and time consuming. Getting it right means knowing what software needs to be updated, whether your system settings are configured securely, running active protection that can block and remove malware, and performing regular scans to uncover hidden threats.
Getting it wrong means leaving gaps in your defences that malware, criminal hackers, and other online threats can sneak through.
Trusted Advisor takes away the guesswork by delivering a holistic assessment of your security and privacy in a way that’s easy to understand, making issues simple to correct. It combines the proven capabilities of Malwarebytes with the knowledge of the brightest industry experts to give you an expert assessment that puts you one step ahead of the cybercrooks.
At the heart of Trusted Advisor is a single, easy to understand protection score. If you’re rocking a 100% rating then you know you’re crushing it.
If your score dips below 100%, we’ll explain why, and offer you a checklist of items to improve your security.
Trusted Advisor’s recommendations are practical and jargon-free, so they’re easy to understand and action.
Six steps to security
Trusted Advisor monitors six broad categories of information. Each one affects your protection score according to its impact on your overall security:
- Real-Time Protection monitors your computer continuously, stopping and removing threats like malware as they appear. It’s vital for keeping you safe from the most destructive threats and the most common methods of infection, so Trusted Advisor will alert you if you aren’t fully protected.
- Software updates fix the coding flaws that cybercriminals exploit to steal data or put malware on your system. Staying up to date is one of the most important things you can do for your security, so Trusted Advisor has your back here too.
- General settings covers settings within Malwarebytes, Windows, or your network preferences. Trusted Advisor checks for settings that may not be configured correctly.
- Device scans are routine scans that seek out hidden threats on your system. Malwareybytes’ Smart Scan technology schedules scans so they run when your device isn’t in use. If you get behind and need to run a scan manually, Trusted Advisor will tell you.
- Online privacy helps you take a proactive stance on your privacy by hiding your IP address and blocking third-party ad trackers, making you’re harder to track on the web. Trusted Advisor monitors this so you only part with the personal information you intend to.
- Device health guards against slowdowns and other performance problems. Trusted Advisor helps you get the most out of your system so that you aren’t left guessing whether it was malware grinding your device to a halt.
Try it today
If you’re an existing Malwarebytes customer you will get Trusted Advisor automatically, but if you’re in a hurry, you can go to Settings > About > Check for updates and get it right now. If you aren’t, you can get Trusted Advisor by just download the latest version of Malwarebytes.